Social Media, Marketing, and Creative Branding Internship
Q2 – 2022 – Canada, UK, Europe and Sub-Saharan Africa
This internship offers an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual who is looking to get involved in the creative processes and outreach mechanisms within the dynamic worlds of private equity, venture capital, and impact investing.
Gain experience and in-sight into working with entrepreneurial companies in emerging markets, particularly in Sub-Saharan Africa, who are in a dynamic and rapid phase of growth.
Supivaa is a play on words. “Support” + “Vivre” (to live) thus “supporting life” in Franglais (French/English) – which are the two languages of Canada and the majority of African countries. It dawned on us… Supivaa = “Supporting the Divas!” Thus, Supivaa was born.
Supivaa is an impact investment advisory firm rooted in agriculture, renewable energy and health, within a strong focus in gender-lens investing and SDG 5 gender equity. With a network of global experts and consultants, we offer business development services, supporting entrepreneurs and business leaders through their key stages of development whether it be first starting or scaling up.
We also work with investors looking to identify impactful opportunities in emerging markets and with well-experienced impact investors and funders (VCs, institutional investors, foundations, funds, DFIs, government-entities, family offices, and HNWI) by supporting the development, management and deployment of their impact initiatives inline with their investment thesis.
We are a Canadian firm with a global outlook spanning from Vancouver to Toronto, Washington DC, London, Paris, Nairobi, Lagos and Johannesburg. Supivaa’s founders and collaborators set out to support entrepreneurs in the next phase of their business growth and ensure that these businesses get the backing they need.
We are looking for a motivated candidate that is especially interested in content writing, communications, and the development of social media and marketing strategies.
About The Internship:
The Social Media, Marketing, and Creative Branding Internship offers a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a highly entrepreneurial environment as our clients seek to enter into their next stage in growth. In this role, you will be part of Supivaa’s creative and outreach mechanisms that support the growth of the business. You will help design a social media strategy, create informative and accessible content to help further the missions of Supivaa and its various clients, and you will also support the creative designs of Supivaa’s client deliverables.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to Social Media and Marketing, and Creative Branding:
Social media and marketing:
- Develop an effective outreach strategy across various social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Work with other team members to produce and package quality content that can assist in Supivaa’s growth. Content includes, but are not limited to, photos and posts on social media, short and long-form blogs, “sharing” of other educational material relevant to Supivaa’s brand and cause
- Analyzing data to view success of content
- Finding opportunities for collaboration and partnership across various social media platforms
- Creating creative content for a variety of audiences on different social media platforms, web content, emails, and more
- Identifying suitable images, articles and videos for diverse online platforms
- Supporting with planning, reviewing and testing social media and web content
- Supporting with internal and external event execution and logistics
- Managing communication with business partners
- Understanding the Supivaa brand and its core values
- Assisting in the design of Supivaa’s various deliverables
- Ensuring that all content is on brand and adhere to our guidelines and on-time
- Assisting in the design of logos and other branding materials for supivaa and its clients
Desired Skills and Qualities:
- Motivated, innovative, and creative
- Strong writing, verbal communication and organization skills
- Ability to multitask and meet critical deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Experience in entrepreneurship, Gender-Lens investing and/or Africa a bonus, but not necessary
- Works well within small teams and autonomously
- Good creativity and idea contribution
Location: Our clients are in Sub-Saharan Africa, UK, Europe and Canada while our HQ is in Vancouver, Canada. We work in a fully remote environment in order to be geographically flexible for our clients. Our interns do have an option to work from wherever they like, as long as they can adapt to time zones. They are not required to work from the Vancouver HQ.
Our team is spread out throughout the world from Vancouver, London, Hamburg, Nairobi and South Africa.
Please send through a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.